Thursday, January 13, 2011

Little Thing #1: HGTV Dream Home Contest

One of these years I will win this contest... or at least I'll die trying! Every January the contest to win the new "Dream Home" begins. This year the home is a ski in, ski out lodge in Stowe, Vermont and it looks a little something like this...


It is so beautiful... the apple of my eye... the bees knees... you get the point. In past years, (This is my 5th year to enter) I have not been as diligent about entering every single day. So far this year I have not missed a day. If you are not familiar with the HGTV Dream House Competition let me fill you in. Not only do you win this GORGEOUS home, but every piece of furniture and all the appliances inside, a 2011 GMC Acadia Denali, and $500,000. Not to shabby! Let me take you on a tour of my favorite rooms.



What an amazing kitchen. I can see myself making a big pot of delicious potato soup for all my buddies after a long day of skiing on the mountain...


And getting all cozy in bed reading a great book... A love story I think.



And here is where all my buddies can stay when we make trips up to my fabulous mountain home. There is room for 8 people to sleep in this room and an accompanying bathroom with three sinks and three showers. They have named this the ski dorm... Perfect!


But what you really need after a long day on the slopes... is a long stay in the hot tub (Can't see it that well in this picture, but its back there I promise.)

You can check out the rest of the pictures here. The entry form can also be found on the HGTV Dream Home website, and if by chance you win... I would gladly sleep in your ski dorm... just saying.

1 comment:

Perpetual Blind Date said...

I love the HGTV Dream Home! I watch the HGTV special every year!