Friday, January 21, 2011

To-Do: Start taking yoga classes


About 2 years ago a therapist I was seeing told me that I should take up yoga to help calm my mind and relieve anxiety. I'm sure there were yoga classes available at the Colvin (my university's gym) but at that point in my life I hated working out so I ignored the advice. But lately I have been feeling my anxiety has been creeping in and I thought maybe it was time to start doing yoga and becoming more zen. I work out at lunch time in the gym at my workplace. They have yoga from 11:00-12:00 (15 minute warm-up and 45 minute class) Monday-Thursday. I am going to try to go at least once a week. I am actually really excited about this new activity I'm adding to my life. Plus, a lot of the celebs with rockin' bods do yoga... so I'm hoping to reap those yoga benefits as well. Holler.

P.S. My sweet pup, Elphie, is getting spayed today. Prayers for her surgery to go smooth and safe are welcome. Thanks.

No comments: