Tuesday, January 25, 2011

To-Do: Workout 2-3 times per week

I do not like to workout. You know how people say they feel so good after they workout and it makes them so happy and ready to take on the world... I feel the opposite. When I finish working out I just want food and lots of it and I don't feel a great sense of accomplishment rushing over me. So in the past I have just not chosen to do it.

But now that I am so much older and wiser... (yeah right) I know that it is important for my health that I work out. I have always had a pretty active lifestyle. I was on the pom squad in high school, and in college I had to walk a million miles to class everyday and that kept me in shape. But now that I am in the real world where I sit in a chair all day and the most action my body gets is the movement of my fingers typing... yikes!

I am also giving myself a cushion of 2 or 3 workouts per week... not because I am lazy (well kinda that) but because my lunch time workouts often get interrupted with actual work that needs to be done.

P.S. Tomorrow, I am going to yoga class for the first time over lunch. Yippee!

No comments: