Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I'm Reading


I loved the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" because I LOVE Anne Hathaway. I never did read the book that the movie was based on, which is a huge thing for me. If a movie is made based off of a book and I don't read the book version (It is ALWAYS better) first I feel it is a personal sin and it causes me great anxiety. And I just can't go back and a read a book if I have already seen the movie because then it isn't my imagination going to work... it's Hollywood's. I even had to read "Marley & Me" before seeing the movie. But I'll stop ranting now.

Since I enjoyed the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" so much, I thought I might enjoy some of Lauren Weisbgerger's other books. Enter "Chasing Harry Winston." I am only a few chapters in and already very much enjoying myself. The three main characters are very easy to relate with even through their story lines are so different from my life. A NYC Publisher, Front-of-the-house Restaurant Manager, and a non-working rich girl all looking for love in the Big Apple. It's a silly and girly book that is perfect for relaxing with at night to relieve the stresses of the day.

Ever read this book or another of Lauren Weisberger's books?

No comments: