Friday, February 18, 2011

I think I can... I think I can...


The sad thing is that deep down inside me I really think that I will win the HGTV Dream Home. Today is the last day for entering the contest... So if you are just now hearing about it you have missed 96 times to enter the competition... so really don't waste your time.

The winner will be announced on or around March 12 ambush style. So don't worry HGTV, I will just be sitting on my couch all day waiting for you to come knock on my door!

In November, the house was valued at $1,500,000. Then those generous folks also give you an additional $500,000 and a new GMC Acadia Denali! Woah Baby... It makes my hear skip a beat just thinking about it.

But let me get real here... when if I win this lovely assortment of prizes there really is no possible way I can keep the house for very long. I would definitely make one or two trips up to good ol' Stowe, Vermont. But since the prize is awarded in March there may not be much time to ski? So obviously this would all be re-evaluated at a later time.

I would probably sell that bad boy as it comes (minus some of the incredible pieces of furniture I would totally take as a memento) and invest almost all of that money. I would probably keep $50,000 in cash to go on a major shopping spree and to use to buy a house! Wouldn't this just be fabulous!

The only problem is that there are probably a million other people who are thinking the same thing. But I have my fingers crossed that this year is my year.

pic via

No comments: